Monday, February 23, 2004



Lost in Cyber Space...


Ha! You missed my first entry! Um, actually everbody missed it.'Cause I hit the wrong button, and 30 minutes of arduous labor disappeared in the blink of an eye. Which, interestingly, brings me to what I wanted to write about-

A combination of influences affected my day. They were summed up in a question that was posed in Sunday school yesterday- "Which is greater? My ability to discern God's will, or His ability to guide me into His will? And the thought of "What would my day look like if I got up in the morning, asked God to take control of my day, and then believed that He would do so?"

Well, I guess that would mean that something I wrote in my first attempt here was not what He wanted me to write. Of course, that assumes that I manage to get this posted...

So my day has been pretty good. A positive reinforcement to this adventure. Of course it's not over yet. But so far, so good.

And that is the ultimate point , of course. That God is Good, goodness is a part of the essence of His nature. He can be trusted absolutely. And I can give my entire life and being into His hands with no fear. 'Cause God is GOOOOOD!

Ha, ha. He also has a sense of humor. In the five minutes that passed between the end of the last paragraph and the beginning of this one, my 16 year old son called and asked me to pick him up. Missed the bus (never planned on riding it actually), planned on getting a ride with a friend, but that didn't panout. Sooo, now that I've settled in for the evening, he calls and wants/needs a ride. Funny, God.

But I can still smile and appreciate the irony. After all, a big part of my life lately has been learning to live what I say I believe. And since I said that I gave my day to Him...this too becomes Joy. And Blessing.

Ciao-