Friday, August 13, 2004

And now for something completely different...

I'm trying to figure out picasa & hello, the software blogger is pushing for posting pics on blogger (google will soon rule the world). And I wanted to show how I played with some pictures in PaintShopPro. I enjoy doing but it's a lot of work sometimes. Posted by Hello <- That little icon shows up when I post the pictures, which I do from my computer. Now I like the ease of doing this, & I don't have to upload to picturebucket or wherever and then link into my blog. But I don't have as much control over size (I think). And sometimes I want the first sight of a pic to be BIG- for the impact. And I'm not sure why I only seem to be using the left side of the page...and I'm not sure I want to put in the time & energy to figure it all out.

Here's the thing, see- there's a lot of things I like to do, and a lot of things I want to try. And then there's a lot of things I need to do, to support the things I want to do. Like work. And then there's all the stuff that goes with being a productive & acceptable member of society- not even gonna' get into that list, although that's what's really been on my mind lately. I'm learning (or trying to learn, or being taught, or whatever your particular theological spin prefers) to live my life for God rather than for what I think everybody arounds me wants. Sounds pretty basic, but it's not so for me. For instance, that's why I haven't written anything here for so long. I got to a point where I felt like I had to write something, but either didn't have the time or the inclination to do so. Then I felt like I had to do something, and the worse that got the more I resented the whole thing.

Now I know that's all kind of absurd, but it's my life & there's a lot of absurdity here. Sooo- I'm not saying I will and I'm not saying I won't- but I'm not walking away from this yet. And if you're still here, go look at the rest of the pictures- that's what this was supposed to be about, anyway. (Edited just a bit- I think I rambled but I don't care. Why in the world would anybody read this mess anyway? This post brought to you by bluegrasscountry.org. Bet you didn't know I like bluegrass, huh? My daughter bought me the sound track to O Brother Where Art Thou? Good stuff...) (Oh yeah- if you click on the pics you'll get a bigger version-who's storing these things anyway?)(Oh, and...aww never mind!)


No comments:

Post a Comment