Thursday, March 25, 2004



The State of the Union-


My wife & I had a brief discussion today of the gay marriage issue. My position is that the concept is Biblically immoral, & we should do what we can to not allow it, but not expect too much. This is a country founded on many Biblical principles, but it is not a Christian nation.

Not to be depressing, but I then ran across these articles on the Supreme Court proceedings concerning the phrase "Under God" in the Pledge, and a well stated commentary on the farce of the recent Methodist church trial of a lesbian minister.

I think this reflects the direction our country is going. But we are still responsible for speaking the truth as long as God allows us. Regardless of the popularity or general consensus of the issue.

And I think we need to be very careful as Christians to continually seperate sin from sinner. None of us are condemned- but none of us are innocent either; and calling our sin a "lifestyle" or some other claptrap is very dangerous.

Thankfully, we have a Merciful God.

No comments:

Post a Comment